Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sorry!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! I worked Saturday and then spent the day in NYC on Sunday! It was so much fun, I went with my brother and his fiance. We visit the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) to see their Tim Burton exhibit....AMAZING! I absolutely love all of Tim Burton's works, like Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street, etc. I have yet to see Alice in Wonderland, I'm afraid to be disappointed since I'm a lifetime fan of Lewis Carrol's book and loved the original Disney film when I was a child. I'm sure it is amazing work though.

I haven't done much crocheting over the weekend like I wanted to, I have to finish up a car seat blanket for my mother's friend. I did get some spinning done with my drop spindle. I'm in love with spinning! I spun two batts from my spoiler in the Merry Unbirthday swap I was in, and a batt from Desert Garden Farms.I love shopping from her store, she has gorgeous batts and gorgeous handspun yarn. Check it out!

For those of you who don't know, batts are folded and rolled up "sheets" of combed fiber. There's a way to pull these into a long strip of fiber that's ready to spin. I'll post pictures later when I get my camera hooked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment