Monday, February 22, 2010

Yarn!

I made a quick stop to AC Moore today only looking to get about 4 skeins of Vanna's Choice Baby yarn since it was on sale 2 for $4. I walked out of there with 6 skeins of that, plus two bags of mill end yarn that had four skeins in each bag, plus a semi-nice tote and smaller tote set that was more expensive than any single thing of yarn! I normally wouldn't have bought the totes because they were expensive for the material they were made of, and because of the paisley pattern, but I actually liked the colors on the pattern on these, so it was an impulse buy. Never again though.

Then when I got to my parents house, what was waiting for me but my order of 9 balls of Debbie Bliss Merino DK yarn in a lovely rusty orange color (I have things shipped to my parents house because I don't really trust one of the neighbors in my building). It was my biggest yarn haul ever to date! I'm so excited to crochet with all this yarn, and may even learn to knit to make the Debbie Bliss yarn last longer. It's the first time I have ever bought yarn that wasn't acrylic, so I'm excited to use the merino wool to make something for myself once I find the perfect project.

No comments:

Post a Comment