Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Has it really been two years? Today was my older son's second birthday...well yesterday since it's after midnight now. I really can't believe he's two...where's the itty bitty baby I brought home from the hospital? Where did those night go where I would sit up with him all night because he had his nights and days mixed up? I miss the hours he and I would spend cuddling. I miss the baths in the little plastic tub, massaging his little arms and legs with baby lotion, the loving stares from those wide chocolate brown eyes.

Of course I now have Ben to do all that with, although he doesn't have his nights and days mixed up and has slept through the night since he was a week old...I still get up during the night with Stevie though. I still miss all that bonding with Stevie. Now he's a little closer to his Daddy than his Mommy, they play with his toy cars and trucks and do guy things (well, as much guy stuff as a two year old can do).

I know in two years I'll be crying about Ben being two and about Stevie getting even bigger. I just wish they could just stay tiny a little bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh me too. Blaze will be three in August. it seems like he is running a race to grow up and I am falling behind. I miss rocking him to sleep.

    ReplyDelete